Shakuhachi-pennywhistles and Big Flute in C
Various cane flutes: the top one is a transverse flute in C, the rest but one are end-blown six-hole flutes of warious sizes and keys from low D through high D; the one fifth up from the metal pennywhistle in D (shown for scale) has a very Middle Eastern scale. Japanese end-blown flutes are called shakuhachi (which works for singular or plural), but they have five holes and these have six, so I call these shakuhachi-pennywhistles since the scale and fingering is the same. But I don't call the flutes flute-pennywhistles even though they have the same fingering, because no pennywhistle is transverse-blown. Hey, I can call them what I want, I made them.